Featured post

BITCOIN: HOW TO EARN ABOUT 55 BITCOINS EASILY ON BITCOGATE.

BELOW ARE THE BASIC REQUIREMENTS TO EARN ABOUT 55 BITCOINS EASILY ON BITCOGATE. 1. You must have a www.blockchain.info bitcoin walle...

Sunday 13 July 2014

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL FOR MONDAY 14 JULY 2014 - THEME: CONSECRATION AND COMMITMENT BY PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

RCCG OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL FOR  MONDAY 14 JULY 2014 - THEME: CONSECRATION AND COMMITMENT BY PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE


MEMORY VERSE: Philippians 1:21
For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. 

READ: ROMANS 12:1-2

1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.


MESSAGE
After experiencing the elementary levels of ministry, there is a need to move on to higher levels. To experience these higher levels, there are certain criteria that must be met. The first is a higher level of consecration. We can see this in the life of Paul when in Galatians 2:20 he said:

“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”

By this he was saying, ‘As far as I am concerned, I am completely sold out to God. I have given up my former lifestyle and desires for only what Jesus want of me.’ When you are consecrated, you make certain deposits on God’s altar of sacrifice that makes it difficult for you to live the way you used to. It takes consecration to be a living sacrifice (Romans 12:1). When you are consecrated to God, you will have a regulated lifestyle. It takes consecration to die daily. The level you will go with God as well as how much God can use you in His Kingdom will depend on your level of consecration. Have you laid your all on the altar of sacrifice?

Another criterion for attaining a higher level in ministry is commitment. Commitment is putting your hands on the plough and never looking back. It takes commitment to preach when you are weak, tired or sick. It takes commitment to continue the work when your colleagues in the same department have left to do other things. It takes commitment for a man to say:

“For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!” 1 Corinthians 9:16

Commitment highly influences what you are prepared to sacrifice. It affects your consecration. Commitment is fast becoming rare in the body of Christ as many are increasingly being distracted and diverted from what is needful. Your level of commitment will determine how much time you can give to God on a daily basis. It will determine the quality of your service. If you must move to higher levels in ministry, you must be consecrated and committed. Do you have these great traits in your life?

PRAYER POINT:
Father, let consecration and commitment be commonplace in your church.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: DEUTERONOMY 9:13-11:32 and JOB 3:20-4-6

No comments: