Featured post

BITCOIN: HOW TO EARN ABOUT 55 BITCOINS EASILY ON BITCOGATE.

BELOW ARE THE BASIC REQUIREMENTS TO EARN ABOUT 55 BITCOINS EASILY ON BITCOGATE. 1. You must have a www.blockchain.info bitcoin walle...

Saturday 18 July 2015

Sallah Youth Encounter: Only God Protects Leaders - PMB

President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday spoke of how he was besieged by youths who almost overwhelmed the security immediately after the Eid-el-Fitri prayers in the Nigerian capital, Abuja.

“I had to hold tight to my gown to get to my car; I was advised to enter the car from the ADC’s side and I refused; I went across trying to hold my hand to the wild youth who wanted to see me,” the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) quotes him as telling the Muslim faithful who paid him a homage at the State House, Abuja, after the Eid El-Fitri prayers.

Buhari then remarked that on an occasion like this, “it shows that after what happened to President Ronald Reagan of the U.S., it is only God Almighty that protects leaders, because in a mob like this, anybody with a sharp knife can get access and do a lot of damage.
“So, all the policemen that were deployed and soldiers – since Six O’clock in the morning – before I came out two hours later in the rain, cannot protect you; only God protects. I hope God will continue to protect us.”

The Nigerian leader thanked the Muslim faithful for remaining steadfast in their Sallah homage to successive presidents.

“I thank you most sincerely for fulfilling the tradition of greetings for whoever occupies this place. I thank you very much for you loyalty to the country, as represented by our institutions and to the system,” Buhari said.

He urged the faithful to convey his thanks and happy Sallah to all their families and relations.



No comments: