Featured post

BITCOIN: HOW TO EARN ABOUT 55 BITCOINS EASILY ON BITCOGATE.

BELOW ARE THE BASIC REQUIREMENTS TO EARN ABOUT 55 BITCOINS EASILY ON BITCOGATE. 1. You must have a www.blockchain.info bitcoin walle...

Monday 27 January 2014

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL For Tuesday 28 January 2014 "EVERYONE NEEDS A MIRACLE" BY PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL For Tuesday 28 January 2014 "EVERYONE NEEDS A MIRACLE" BY PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

Memory Verse: Psalm 55:16
As for me, I will call upon God; and the LORD shall save me.



Read: Mark 5:22-23

22 And, behold, there cometh one of the rulers of the synagogue, Jairus by name; and when he saw him, he fell at his feet, 

23 And besought him greatly, saying, My little daughter lieth at the point of death: I pray thee, come and lay thy hands on her, that she may be healed; and she shall live. 



Message

Some years ago, I was invited to be the guest speaker at a garden party in an exclusive, highbrow residential area. Because I arrived at the venue quite early, I was made to sit for a while in the house of my host. The house was an exquisite parade of wealth and splendour. I had never seen such brazen display of wealth in my life. The house contained six living rooms. I was kept in one of them. From where I was, I could see five other living rooms in ascending order of affluence. It was as if prosperity was on parade. After surveying the entire environment, I decided to change the topic of my message. Initially, I had wanted to preach on the topic: “Your miracle is around”. I concluded: “These people do not need a miracle”. 
I decided to change my topic to: “What the Lord has done for me, I cannot tell it all” or “Bless the Lord, O my soul”. While I was still thinking of changing the message, the Holy Spirit nudged me: “Son, these people need a miracle more than you could ever imagine”. With every opportunity the Lord gives me to minister to men and women of substance, I have always leant that even they need miracles. All human beings need miracles irrespective of race, status or social standing. The Bible is a complete book. There is no aspect of human life that is not addressed in God’s word. There is something in the Bible for all.

The story in today’s reading centres on an eminent personality. Jairus was a man of uncommon achievement by all standards. He was a man of whom it could be said: “he has made it in life”. In spite of his great achievements, however, he had one problem which money could not solve. His only daughter was at the verge of death. In his seemingly hopeless situation, Jairus sought help from the Lord and the Lord met him at the point of his need. The Lord will meet you at the point of your need today in Jesus’ Name. 

Like the case of Jairus, the man whose house I described above had one problem money could not solve. After the programme, the man pleaded passionately with me to pray over the case of his son who was then a drug addict. The fact that the man was respected in the society did not grant him immunity from the storms of life. Before the intervention of God, this son was busy ruining the fortunes of the family; but I thank the Lord who touched him. The good news is that he has remained responsible and sensible since he received the touch of God. If you feel you don’t need a miracle for yourself, you may need it for your family and children. It is possible that you may not need a miracle for your children but someone else who is precious to you might need a miracle. I pray that that your long-awaited miracle shall come to you today in Jesus’ Name. Only believe, and you shall see the glory of God.

Prayer Point:

Father, give me a miracle today that will turn my life around for the better in Jesus’ Name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: HEBREWS 11 - 13 and PSALM 26

No comments: