Featured post

BITCOIN: HOW TO EARN ABOUT 55 BITCOINS EASILY ON BITCOGATE.

BELOW ARE THE BASIC REQUIREMENTS TO EARN ABOUT 55 BITCOINS EASILY ON BITCOGATE. 1. You must have a www.blockchain.info bitcoin walle...

Showing posts with label Senegal. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Senegal. Show all posts

Saturday, 25 March 2017

SENEGAL'S MACKY SALL LAUDS PRESIDENT BUHARI ON THE GAMBIA

President Macky Sall of Senegal has thanked President Muhammadu Buhari for his intervention in The Gambian impasse that led to the restoration of democracy in the West African country.

Former President Yahya Jammeh had baulked at handing over power to Adama Barrow, winner of an election held last December, but ECOWAS leaders, under the inspiration of President Buhari, insisted Jammeh must quit at the expiration of his term in January. He did, rather involuntarily.

In a communication with the Nigerian leader, Macky Sall said:

Tuesday, 7 March 2017

Musa to Captain Eagles Against Senegal, B/Faso friendlies - Rohr

Leicester City forward Ahmed Musa will wear the skipper’s band when Nigeria take on Senegal and Burkina Faso in two high profile friendly games later in the month. 

Musa has fallen out of favour at Leicester City under new coach Craig Shakespeare who is in charge of the team in interim capacity following the dismissal of former boss Claudio Ranieri.


Ranieri reportedly lost his job after senior players questioned his decision to start the Nigerian ahead of Demarai Gray in their 1-2 UEFA Champions League loss to Sevilla in the first leg of their round of 16 clash at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan. 

Sunday, 22 January 2017

ECOWAS Forces Moves Into Gambia without any resistance

Economic Community of Waest African States (ECOWAS) coalition forces who have been on stand by in Senegal have moved into Gambia with a view to securing strategic positions.

Ecomog Force commander, Air Commodore Tajjudeen Yusuf confirmed that the troops met no resistance as they moved into the country. The Gambian security forces are said to have rather been friendly and welcoming.

The Nigerian air-force also conducted armed Reece of the the country from the base in Dakar Senegal without any hindrance. Correspondent Macham reports that the troops are expected to prepare the grounds for the return of president ADAMA BARROW to the country.

Saturday, 21 January 2017

I am in consultation with ECOWAS: President Barrow to stay in Senegal until Jammeh Leave for Guinea

An Unconfirmed reports has it that Yahya Abdul-Aziz Jemus Junkung Jammeh with his familly has departed The Gambia to Guinea




The recently inaugurated president of The Gambia, Adama Barrow, has revealed he will be ruling the country from his hide out in Dakar, Senegal until he gets security clearance from ECOWAS. He was sworn into office on Thursday at the Gambian Embassy in Dakar as Yahya Jammeh refused to relinquish power after losing elections in December.

Jammeh cites irregularities during the electoral process in December.

Mr Barrow, a political novice, won the elections to end the over two-decades-old grip on power by Mr Jammeh. Since the announcement by the country's electoral commission, Mr Jammeh has sought to use various means to extend his rule, calling for fresh elections at some point.

Why Yahya Jammeh agrees to go into exile after election defeat

"I have decided today in good conscience to relinquish the mantle of leadership of this great nation," Jammeh said on state television, wearing a white robe and looking tired.

Yahya Jammeh, who led his country for 22 years but refused to accept his election defeat to new President Adama Barrow last month, has agreed to step down and go into exile. He said his decision was taken in the national interest after prayer and said he was proud to have served the Gambian people, imploring them to work together as one nation.

It has not been specified where Mr Jammeh would go into exile.

The news came as regional armies, who entered Gambian territory late on Thursday, were poised to remove Mr Jammeh by force just hours after the army chief recognised Mr Barrow as commander-in-chief.

Friday, 20 January 2017

Atlast: Yahya Jammeh 'agrees to step down

The Newly President Adama Barrow says outgoing leader of 22 years has finally agreed to cede and will leave the country.
 



The Gambia's new president has said that Dictator and maximum Ruler Yahya Jammeh, who ruled the country for 22 years and refused to step down after losing the recent election, has finally "agreed to leave".

Writing on Twitter on Friday, Barrow said Jammeh would also leave the country.

It is Already War: Yahya Jammeh pleads for more time as troops close in


By land, sea and air, Gambia is surrounded. A total of 7,000 men will participate in the mission to re-establish democracy in Gambia
The Gambia's defeated President Yahya Jammeh has asked for a deadline for him to leave office or be forced out by UN-backed forces to be extended until 16:00 GMT on Friday.

The earlier deadline of noon passed as the Guinean and Mauritanian presidents arrived in Banjul for last-ditch talks.

Mr Jammeh's elected successor, Adama Barrow, was sworn in as president at a ceremony in Senegal on Thursday.

Troops acting in support of President Barrow have paused their advance.

The forces from the Economic Community of West African States (Ecowas) regional grouping are backed by the United Nations.

Thursday, 19 January 2017

Yahya Jammeh Bows Down To Pressure, Agrees To Go Into Exile In Mauritania

Barely a few hours before his mandate expires, President Yahya Jammeh of the Gambia is reported to have accepted a last-minute deal to relinquish power peacefully and go into exile. According to reports from Banjul which are yet to be independently confirmed, Mr Jammeh agreed to step down in the interest of peace and stability of the Gambia after a tense closed door meeting with the visiting president of Mauritania, Mohamed Ould Abdel Aziz.

Reports added that Mr Jammeh will leave for Mauritania tonight with President Aziz. It is not clear whether he will settle there permanently or move to another country.

Mr Jammeh’s mandate expires at midnight of Wednesday after his surprised defeat in last month’s election by opposition candidate Adama Barrow.

Tuesday, 6 December 2016

NO LONGER BUSINESS AS USUAL IN NIGERIA - PRESIDENT BUHARI

Profile Picture
President Muhammadu Buhari has called on the Nigerian elite to stop insisting that things should be done the ‘old way’, which impoverished the nation.

Speaking at a meeting with a group of Nigerians in the Diaspora, on the margins of the 3rd Dakar International Forum on Peace and Security in Africa on Tuesday in Dakar, the President said his administration is on the right track to improve the image of the country by entrenching accountability and probity in governance.

President Buhari told the 11-man Nigerian delegation of association leaders resident in Senegal and Cote D’ Ivoire, that the last 16 years of poor handling of the nation’s resources and infrastructure have continued to impact negatively on the country.

END OF BOKO HARAM IN SIGHT – PRESIDENT BUHARI

President Muhammadu Buhari Tuesday in Dakar, Senegal assured the international community that the end of Boko Haram terrorists was in sight, even as he hailed the increased cooperation between Nigeria and its neighbours in the fight against terrorism.

Speaking at a Panel of Heads of State at the 3rd Dakar International Forum on Peace and Security in Africa, the President also assured the international community that the security situation in Nigeria had improved significantly.

‘‘About a month ago, I spoke with the President of Chad and I was pleased that a number of Chadians and Nigerians that were Boko Haram members are surrendering to him en-masse. The good news I have is that the end of the raining season has come in the North eastern region of Nigeria.

Saturday, 11 June 2016

Lawyers for Chad ex-dictator Habre appeal life sentence

DAKAR, Senegal (AP) — The legal team for Chad's former dictator Hissene Habre has appealed the verdict handed down by a special tribunal that found him guilty and sentenced him to life imprisonment for crimes against humanity, war crimes, torture and sex crimes during his time in power, one of his lawyers said Saturday.

The appeal was submitted Friday to the Extraordinary African Chambers, set up by Senegal and the African Union to try Habre for crimes committed during his 1982-1990 rule.

It was the first trial in which the courts of one country prosecuted the former ruler of another for alleged human rights crimes.

What the Conviction of Chad's Former Dictator Means for African Human Rights

The breakthrough for many victims of atrocities committed under the former Chadian dictator Hissène Habré came on May 30 in Dakar, Senegal. After nearly two decades of effort by activists, the Extraordinary African Chambers in the courts of Senegal convicted Habré of torture, war crimes and crimes against humanity and handed down a life sentence. For those of us in the courtroom, the cries of joy from the victims after the judges’ ruling underscored its immense importance.

Habré was the first African suspect prosecuted under ‘universal jurisdiction’

The Habré trial was the first in which a court in Africa prosecuted a suspect under “universal jurisdiction”— which allows states to prosecute certain heinous crimes even if they were committed abroad, by foreigners and against foreigners. While many countries have universal jurisdiction laws, few have used them. European countries have launched most such cases. South Africa has begun to investigate crimes on the basis of universal jurisdiction but has yet to bring any prosecutions.

Saturday, 7 June 2014

Pius Adesanmi: No Wonder Rere dey Run

Aso Rock Villa. Living Room of the President’s private residence. Israeli, American, French, Chinese, Cambodian, Somalian, Sudanese, and Ghanaian security operatives protecting the Nigerian president are in the background. They try to make themselves unobtrusive. Also in the background, chanting Quranic hymns on mats imported from Chad, are marabouts from Niger, Senegal, and Gambia. At the centre of the living room, some distance away from all the foreign intelligence and spiritual protectors of the President, the usual suspects gather, wearing gloomy faces: President Goodluck Jonathan, Chief Tony Anenih, Baba Iyabo, Ayo Oritsejafor, Mohammed Adoke, Doyin Okupe, Reuben Abati, and other inconsequential AGIPs. Nobody is talking. Soft music oozes from a central entertainment system. An old school Yoruba tune probably supplied by Doyin Okupe and Reuben Abati:

Friday, 6 June 2014

Breaking: Emir Of Kano Is Dead



A prominent Traditional ruler, the Emir of Kano, Alhaji. Ado Abdullahi Bayero is died. The Emir died early today in Kano.

According to family sources, the respected Emir died in the early hours of Friday in Kano.


Alhaji Dr. Ado Abdullahi Bayero (CFR, LLD, JP) (July 25, 1930 - June 6, 2014)) was the emir Emir of Kano in Nigeria, a position he held from 1963 to his death . He was a former ambassador to Senegal. He was the son of Abdullahi Bayero dan Muhammad Abbas.

Ado Bayero was the 13th Fulani emir since the Fulani War of Usman dan Fodio, when the Fulani took over the Hausa city-states. 

Wednesday, 7 May 2014

World Economic Forum: US Marines Already In Abuja

As the World Economic Forum summit kick off in Abuja, the Nigeria capital, US marines have been reported to have arrive the country to help the Nigeria’s security services tackle increasing threats as Nigeria is playing host to the 7th WEF in Abuja today amid heightened security challenges.

The US marines have already arrived the country, according to sources in the know of their movement.

WEF summit is expected to be attended by over 10 heads of state and government as well as over 900 delegates from 70 countries.

Presidents of Algeria, Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania and Togo have confirmed attendance. Former British Prime Minister, Gordon Brown, and former President of Brazil, Lula da Silva, are expected to attend. 50 chief executives of big global corporations have confirmed attendance.

Saturday, 29 March 2014

Nigeria , Other West African Leaders Disagree with EU Trade Plans

ECOWAS leaders has  disagree with the European Union free trade deals . Nigeria and the rest of the regional block refused to open their economies to free trade with the European Union at a summit on Saturday.
Nigeria, the regional heavyweight Nigeria voiced concerns which stalled the deal of any further negotiations over the Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA) since ECOWAS countries resisted lifting tariff barriers over fears that they could crush nascent industries unable to cope with European imports.