The President of the Senate, Dr. Bukola Saraki while presiding at the plenary said with the rejection of Magu, he seizes to be Acting Chairman of the EFCC. Adding that President Muhamadu Buhari should nominate another head for the anti-graft agency.
A confirmed report has that the State Security Service has insisted the acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Ibrahim Magu, is not fit to head the anti-graft agency because he lacks integrity, a lawmaker has said.
The SSS said this to the Senate in a fresh report dispatched Tuesday evening. The content of the report was raised by a senator, Dino Melaye, after it had appeared Mr. Magu would scale the Senate hurdle, after answering a wide range of questions at his confirmation hearing.
“In the light of the foregoing, Magu has failed the integrity test and will eventually constitute a liability to the anti-corruption stand of the current government,” the SSS report, read by Mr. Melaye, stated.
An earlier report by the SSS had prevented the Senate from confirming Mr. Magu as EFCC chairman earlier.
Below is the latest SSS letter confirming their earlier reports on Magu as the insisted that he is not fit for the Job of the Anti-graft agency.
The answers to the above questions will enable Nigerians to confirm either their is government(s) within Government of President Muhammadu Buhari!
But the important questions to ask Buhari lead administration may be: How can the Presidency nominate someone for a position and then go behind to indict the same person and ask the Senate to deny the person's confirmation? Why not just withdraw the initial nomination rather than allow the Senate humiliate the him?
Meanwhile, Magu appeared before the senate again after President Buhari sent his name for confirmation the second time.
After a thorough questioning, majority of the senators rejected the nomination and confirmation of Magu as Chairman of EFCC.
Below are 9 key questions that disqualified him:
1. How will EFCC under Magu fight corruption within the law – Ike Ekweremadu
2. Ekweremadu also asked about the operations of the EFCC on disobeying court orders and cases of human rights abuse and asked Magu to respond the last DSS report.
3. You need to expantiate on your activities on human rights, What are your findings and activities on the Paris Club fund"- Sen. Shehu Sani
4. What are the special powers of EFCC under section 6 of the EFCC act" – Bukola Saraki
5. What is the concept of Financial crime as stipulated in the EFCC act" Sen. - Sen Isah Misau
6. Dasuki took money illegally and not a single person from the CBN has been investigated or prosecuted so far" – Sen Isah Misa
7. Why is Central Bank Governor who released money to not being investigated by EFCC – Sen Isah Misau
8. How much funds has been recovered since you took charge of the commission. - Sen. Duro Faseyi.
9. What led to the death of Mr. Desmond and why was the body was taken to the mortuary before contacting the family. -Sen.Ben Ajumogobia.
However, It is expected that in the council of Cocks however innocent a cockroach may be, it will never be discharge or arquintted.