Featured post

BITCOIN: HOW TO EARN ABOUT 55 BITCOINS EASILY ON BITCOGATE.

BELOW ARE THE BASIC REQUIREMENTS TO EARN ABOUT 55 BITCOINS EASILY ON BITCOGATE. 1. You must have a www.blockchain.info bitcoin walle...

Wednesday 14 May 2014

FIFA WORLD CUP: Why Eagles will soar in Brazil, Enyeama boasts

Having emerged  as the Africa's best player in French super league 1, Super Eagles vice captain and Lille of France shot stopper, Vincent Enyeama, has thanked Nigerians for the support he has received from them, which he said also made it possible for him to be named the best African Player in the French Ligue, this season.

Enyeama, who spoke from his based in France yesterday said he was delighted that he was picked as Africa's best player in France and has been totally enthralled by the huge support of Nigerians over the award, promising that he will not fail the country during Mundial 2014 in Brazil. "Now, the leagues are almost over across the world and all of us have a new focus, which is the World Cup, we will go there and enjoy ourselves and also excel for ourselves and the country. I can't wait for the World Cup to start," he declared.
On what is motivating him ahead of the World Cup, Enyeama widely regarded as Africa's best goalkeeper of the modern era declared that it has always been God.

"God has always been the greatest supporter I have, He has always been there for me when I needed support and He has continued to inspire me to greater heights. Apart from that, the support I get from my family and Nigerians have been massive inspiration for me, I pray that the World Cup will be a crowning glory for me, the team and all Nigerians," concludes the former Enyimba safe hands.

Meanwhile, Enyeama's fellow Super Eagles teammate and Fortuna Dusseldorf of Germany defender, Leon Aderemi Balogun, has said he is at home with the decision of the national team's technical crew not to select him for the World Cup, since he was just recovering from a toe injury he copped in the Eagles friendly game against Mexico in Atlanta, United States recently.

Eagles' Media Officer, Ben Alaiya, confirmed yesterday that Balogun insisted that it would have been unfair if a player who was just recuperating was picked ahead of a lot of others waiting in the wings.

"I have to be realistic, I had little or no chance of making the World Cup team because I have just started running now. I did five times, three minutes yesterday and today I have done three times, eight minutes and should be back playing in two weeks but that will not get me ready for the World Cup," he said on telephone from his base in Germany yesterday afternoon.

While praising the Nigeria Football Federation President, Alhaji Aminu Maigari, and the leadership of the federation, Balogun also had good words for Coach Stephen Keshi, declaring that all through the NFF and the coach have kept a tab on his health. "The NFF President sent Chris Green here to see me while I was recovering and the head coach has been in constant touch all through. I have been trying to reach Coach Keshi, just to tell him that I appreciate his support and I am not angry that I was not picked. I will be back and better for Nigeria and my club once I recover from this unfortunate injury," he said.

On his immediate target, he said: I want to be back when the qualifiers for the African Cup of Nations starts and I want to give my all, because Nigeria is the only country I can call my own. For the Super Eagles I wish them the best in Brazil 2014 because I know they will do very well and I will be there rooting for them all the way."

No comments: